Barangaroo is currently one of the largest urban renewal projects in Australia.
When completed in 2024 with a new metro station, more than half of Barangaroo will be set aside as public space. The space will encompass a continuous Sydney Harbour promenade, expansive parklands, plazas, coves and a brand new metro station.
Barangaroo will support up to 23,000 permanent jobs, provide a home to 3,500 residents and contribute more than $2 billion to the NSW economy each year.
Work on the development of Barangaroo during 2018 includes:
- Remediation of the old Millers Point Gasworks onsite and under Hickson Road
- Completion of the southern precinct including Renzo Piano’s residential buildings, Hickson Park, Waterman’s Cove, Crown Sydney Hotel Resort and a new public pier
- Development of Central Barangaroo to complete the precinct
- Upgrade of Hickson Road to provide a ‘people boulevard’
- A new metro station as part of the largest rail project in Australia
By joining this forum you’ll have an opportunity to visit either the:
- Buildings Option – including Barangaroo Office Tower (structure, innovative fit-out, building services) and Crown Resort (up/down construction)
- Infrastructure Option – including the remediation of the old Gasworks site, excavation and construction of the new metro station, and Barangaroo Reserve redevelopment
Before you attend either option, you’ll hear from the Barangaroo Delivery Authority for a deeper insight into the design principles of the redevelopment.
When the forums are finished, you’ll leave by boat and enjoy a waterside view of the development and surrounding harbour developments along with your lunch.