WestConnex is a 33 kilometre (21 mile) motorway currently under construction in Sydney. Once completed, WestConnex will be one of the world’s longest road tunnels.
The WestConnex project encompasses the widening and extension of the M4 Western Motorway, the building of a new section for the M5 South-Western Motorway and a new inner western bypass of the Sydney CBD connecting the M4 and M5.
WestConnex will create around 16 kilometers (9.9 miles) of new tunnels, allowing commuters to avoid up to 52 sets of traffic lights.
When you join the WestConnex forum you’ll:
- See completed sections of WestConnex
- Visit work in progress (should safety restrictions and construction progress allow)
- Hear presentations followed by a Q&A on:
- The broader business views of the WestConnex project
- The strategy to integrate the three stages of the project together
- WestConnex project control systems, stakeholder management, sustainability and commissioning